Monday, March 2, 2009

She's Popeye the Sailor Girl...

Yes my daughter loves her spinach. It started as a fluke. I bought a jar of Earth's Best spinach and potatoes just to give her some variety. She hasn't been a big fan of vegetables, but I thought I'd give it a try. She polished off the entire amount I made for her and seemed to want more! So, today I made my own spinach and potatoes (thanks for the encouragement Alina!). She ate it right up too, that is until she got a small potato lump in her mouth and started gagging. Guess I need to get the food mill out and grind it all smaller. Spinach is one of the things we eat a lot of in our household, so I'm very happy to see Fiona liking it as well.

She went to the doctor for her 9 month physical this morning. She's checking in at 18 lbs 1 oz and is 28 3/8 inches long! I had her pegged for only 16 lbs. Guess all the solids she's been eating the last couple weeks has been helping her pack on the pounds. She got a rave review by the doctor and only had to get one shot this trip. Phew!

Fiona's sweet toothers

Sock? What sock? You didn't put any socks on my this morning. Honest!
(Fiona's favorite toys are her socks and her shape blocks. It's so much fun watching her with her socks. She waves them around, squeals and even talks to them!)

Modeling her too big winter coat. Good thing we can exchange it for a different size.

No comments: